Welcome! I am Rabbi Jonathan Biatch of Madison, Wisconsin. "Pulpit Perspectives: My Observations as a Congregational Rabbi" is published every two weeks to reflect my observations about life in my congregation and with my members. The opinions expressed here are solely my own. I invite you to join the dialogue!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hunger Gains from the SNAP/Food Stamp Challenge

Can we truly gain something from hunger?  Perhaps we gain an appreciation or an understanding of the situation of those who do not get enough to eat.  Perhaps we acquire sensitivity to those who live at or below the poverty level.  Perhaps we learn how best to relate to our impoverished neighbors and fellow human beings.

For the week of February 10 - 17, 2013, join me at my Hunger Gains website (click here or go to http://www.rabbijonathanshungergains.blogspot.com/), for responses to my experiences on the SNAP/Food Stamp Challenge.  (SNAP stands for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.)  It will be a week to raise awareness and build mindfulness about the needs of impoverished US citizens.  Please click here to come and read!

And may our hunger gains be for good!

No comments: